Business Development Director, Enterprise
- 5000 - 6000 USD per Month
- Full Time
- Posted : 2 weeks ago
TELUS Health and LifeWorks have recently come together to leverage the power of technology and our caring cultures to further progress our shared goal of building a healthier and friendlier future for all. As a global-leading health and well-being provider – encompassing physical, mental and financial health – TELUS Health is improving health outcomes for consumers, patients, healthcare professionals, employers and employees.
TELUS Health supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform offered by our Employer Solutions. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide, our Employer Solutions use innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use.
Our employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
The Business Development Director, Enterprise will be responsible for leading new business development activities and growing market share throughout the United States via direct sales activities, broker relationships, distribution partnerships and strategic alliances.
The Business Development Director, Enterprise will be an integral part of the team, participating in and driving activities that lead to an efficient and successful Employer Solutions division, representing the company effectively and supporting TELUS Health corporate objectives throughout the United States. This role also works closely with leaders and teams across Account Management, Marketing, Communications, Operations, Finance and others to ensure that agreed campaigns and client proposals are successfully executed in line with that strategy.
To be successful in the Business Development Director, Enterprise role, the following qualifications and skills are required:
- Leading individual business development activities throughout the sales cycle with prospective and existing clients and strategic partners across the globe
- Winning new business directly through direct sales approaches, participating in RFPs, and extending existing account relationships into new geographies
- Developing strong relationships with key contacts within prospect organizations and leading brokers/ benefits consultants
- Building and nurturing relationships with new and existing clients, working closely with key individuals at multiple levels and functional areas within each organization
- Presenting at major industry conferences, client events and finalist presentations
- Continuously refining the business development strategy for territory in line with the broader business development strategy
- Participating in regular Quarterly Business Reviews to validate strategy
#LifeAtTELUS#HiringNowTELUS Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.Where permitted by law, company employees must be fully immunized to access a TELUS Health or LifeWorks office or customer premises.Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected].By applying to this role, you understand and agree that your information will be shared with the TELUS Group of Companies’ Talent Acquisition team(s) and/or any leader(s) who will be part of the selection process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred or equivalent work experience required, an MBA would be a considerable asset
- 5+ years of sales / business development experience
- A proven track record of success in a complex, multinational business-to-business sales environment consisting of multiple stake holder groups and unique procurement processes
- Deep industry knowledge and proven subject matter expertise in developing and/or supporting relationships with prospects, ideally in the insurance or human resource consulting sectors
- Proven ability to navigate, thrive and deliver in a fast-growing business unit
- The ability to work effectively within a matrixed and performance-based organization
- Innovative and entrepreneurial approach with a growth mentality and a strong will to win
- Strong presentation skills, proven consultative sales skills and the ability to manage the sales cycle effectively and autonomously from end-to-end
- Strong overall business acumen, influencing, negotiation and strategic thought leadership skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Organizational savvy, intellect and professional maturity
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, client-driven global environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel (approx. 30-50%) throughout the United States and North America is essential
- Business Development
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Consultative Selling
- Development Strategy