Agile Delivery Manager
Headquarters: Houston, TX
Merchstack is on the lookout for an Agile Delivery Manager located +/- 4 hours from GMT to join our team. You will play a key role in helping us deliver our vision of a modern commerce stack to our growing customer base of innovative brands and retailers.
As our Delivery Manager, you will be the "go-to" person across all of our active initiatives and commitments. You will take ownership of ensuring we are able to meet agreed targets and established expectations. You will empower the Merchstack team to help each of us be as engaged and productive as possible. Ultimately, you ensure that we are able to harness the collective efforts of our remote, distributed team to deliver high quality outputs in a predictable way.
A key part of this role is keeping everyone on the Merchstack journey connected and informed. Your ownership of the delivery plan means that you will be the driving force behind taking our vision and customer commitments and ‘making sure they happen’. To be successful in this role, you must have excellent communication and project management skills. This is a hands on role in a small team where you will have a direct impact on our success. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
Here is a list of the type of work that you’ll be spending the majority of your time on:
- Coordinate, execute and drive the delivery of company initiatives and commitments across our product development and professional services activities.
- Facilitate and lead ceremonies across active initiatives, including stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
- Constantly seek to identify and resolve blockers and delivery impediments as early as possible, escalating to appropriate team members when needed.
- Use various channels and formats to proactively report on the delivery targets and progress, ensuring visibility and shared understanding across the organization.
- Maintain, organize, and evolve the company’s boards and other methods for tracking work, ensuring our distributed team can access accurate and up-to-date information on the status of all projects.
- Define, document, and coordinate requirements, scope, priorities, change management and estimations within our professional services relationships.
- Work with the Head of Engineering to ensure the proper resources are applied to each project.
- Work with the Customer Success team to ensure that delivery dates and requirements are communicated to and from the client in a proactive manner.
- Ensure that all work is aligned with priorities as communicated by leadership.
- Iterate on ways of working, processes, and deliverables to ensure we are as effective and productive as possible.
- You have 5+ years experience taking high quality projects from start to finish on-time and under budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field or industry or equivalent experience.
- You are extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- You have a thorough understanding of the various Agile software delivery methodologies including Scrum and Kanban and the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
- You are comfortable working with a fully-remote, distributed team where async communication is the norm not the exception.
- You enjoy collaborating with engineers, designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.
- You’re a proficient communicator and have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You have a passion for delivering quality software on-time and under budget.
- You’re comfortable working remotely.
We're flexible on all points above. They are less requirements than they are ideals. We're looking for the right person to work with, not to tick off checkboxes.
- Working knowledge of Domain Driven Design approach is desired
Why work with us? 🚀
- Ability to make a real difference with a fast-growing, fully-bootstrapped startup
- Top caliber team with deep engineering, design, and product expertise.
- Work remotely within a distributed team environment.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible working schedule.
Merchstack partners with companies on their journey to build, launch, and scale modern eCommerce stores. We work with market-leading technologies and our own internal products to help our customers achieve ambitious digital experiences and unlock new growth opportunities. We are a remote-only company with employees all over the world, including the Philippines, the United States, Canada, Spain, and the United Kingdom. We are a small team with big ambitions and value people who are driven towards delivery and thrive on autonomy and trust.
$50k to $50k US Dollars
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/merchstack-agile-delivery-manager