Engineering Manager (Data Platform)
- $160.000 - $200.000
- Posted : 2 weeks ago
No Patient Left Behind
Some people would rather die than leave their family with medical debt.
This includes people with cancer not showing up to their chemotherapy appointments due to cost, or people stopping treatment because they don’t want their spouse to be forced to sell their home in bankruptcy.
Beyond our goal of building a multibillion-dollar business, there’s a real mission and soul behind Atlas and that’s why we continue to attract incredible people to join us on our journey, whether they be colleagues, customers, or partners.
Patients owe $500B every year in out-of-pocket medical expenses, and there’s only two ways for medical providers to collect – either the patient pays or someone else does. We focus on the latter and call it medical financial aid.
Our platform we're developing proactively matches patients to programs, automates enrollment, streamlines the back office billing and collection activities, and manages coverage gaps for patients on an ongoing basis. Patients access and afford the care they need while providers get reimbursed to keep the lights on and continue to serve the community.
An Engineering Manager for the Data Platform is responsible for the team developing data engineering systems within Atlas Health’s infrastructure. This role oversees the systems that facilitate the ingestion and availability of data that support all the company's lines of business. These systems are responsible for handling sensitive patient data, and members of the team are technical champions of ensuring HIPAA standards for confidentiality and compliance.
Broadly, this team focuses on all elements of data engineering, such as ingestion, transformation, and distribution of data, and works alongside security engineering and business implementation & operations teams as a custodian of patient and company data.
- Manage a team of engineers developing a unified ingestion system
- Develop and maintain a strong engineering culture
- Assist and mentor engineers on their career development and growth
- Ensure the team’s development and delivery of technical efforts
- Align with engineering leadership on team initiatives in support of the broader technical strategy
- Lead the hiring process; build, and maintain a world class engineering team
- Provide insight and feedback on engineering design proposals in a technical capacity
- Continuously assess and guide the performance of individual contributors
- Prior experience building and leading technical teams
- Professional experience with cloud-based systems
- Experience with data architectures and tools in support of streaming and batch driven data processing
- Familiarity with distributed task orchestration
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Understanding of multiple software development paradigms
- Ability to assess individual contributors and provide meaningful, actionable feedback
- Depth of knowledge in Google Cloud Platform
- Experience using Apache Airflow or similar orchestration systems
- Experience working in an ePHI environment
- Familiarity with domain driven design concepts
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent technical experience
Salary: Salary for this position is $160,000-$205,000 per year
Why Join Our Team:
Because you’re motivated by a combination of success, working alongside incredible people, and have a passion for helping clients and patients. Atlas helps people access essential medical treatment, and avoid financial ruin from medical debt. You care about being a part of the journey and wish to play a key role in our organization’s success.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan for our U.S. based employees which includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid holidays
Atlas values diversity of all kinds, and we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.