Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Headquarters: Nelson, British Columbia
Are you a Senior Full Stack Developer who is passionate about making a difference in the world?
As part of the team, you will develop and implement new software features, oversee the enhancement of the company’s retreat management SaaS product, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the platform meets user needs. The ideal candidate has professional and leadership experience in software engineering, a product mindset, a strong foundation in design principles, and the ability to learn new things quickly.
Retreat Guru offers a family-friendly work environment with flexible working hours and remote work options. If you have a passion for helping others and finding creative ways to solve problems, we welcome you to apply. The salary ranges from $90,000 to $115,000 per year, depending on experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new software features that support retreat centers.
- Architect and oversee the enhancement of our retreat management SaaS product.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure that our platform meets user needs.
You should have:
- Professional experience in software engineering, with a focus on developing well-designed software and successfully leading projects to completion.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle and software engineering concepts.
- A product mindset, striving to understand the “why” behind building a feature, as well as the means to measure its impact.
- A varied skill set (or be a T-shaped/Full-stack developer), with experience and excitement in solving problems that require a mix of frontend and backend skills, and the ability to unblock any obstacles that stand in the way of success.
- A strong foundation in design principles, particularly when it comes to platform development in areas such as API, data modeling, and scalability.
- Experience in writing automated tests as a part of your development workflow.
- A natural curiosity and passion to continuously learn new things; Retreat Guru is a fast-changing environment, and we need individuals who can adapt and learn quickly.
- Familiarity with PHP, or the desire to learn it quickly.
The tools we use include:
Projects you could work on:
- Building new features to support retreat centers.
- Developing a new vendor UI for our retreat management SaaS product.
- Refactoring legacy code.Improving our newly built retreat marketplace.
If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please apply.
We have found that passion goes a long way and that skills can be learned. Our company has evolved greatly by leveraging the wisdom of the group, particularly in problem-solving and creative thinking. The more diverse our group is, the better equipped we are to serve the needs of our users. Therefore, we encourage you to apply if you think this might be a good fit for you.
About Retreat Guru:
More information about our company is here
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/retreat-guru-senior-software-engineer-full-stack