Junior Platform Engineer - HiveMQ Cloud
- Posted : a month ago
Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
HiveMQ builds the nervous system of the interconnected world.
The HiveMQ Cloud team architects, develops, scales and operates the HiveMQ Cloud platform on which we provide our HiveMQ Cloud Dedicated and Pay-As-You-Go offerings for our customers. We build the platform to give them the power to connect millions of devices for thousands of users and all their critical connected use cases.
At HiveMQ we value top-notch, excellent technology and set the bar high for our engineering and operations standards.
We are looking for a (Junior) Platform Infrastructure Engineer working on the heart of our platform, to design, implement, run and maintain our highly reliable, globally scalable and secure platform, infrastructure and operations stacks to provide the HiveMQ MQTT Broker as a managed Software as a Service (SaaS) product on various major cloud providers.
The HiveMQ Cloud team usually operates within European work hours.
- Learn everything about MQTT, IoT and large scale cloud platforms
- Architect, implement and maintain our HiveMQ Cloud platform and its massive infrastructure to deliver outstanding technology for our users
- Exploit Cloud Native Technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, Terraform and the Prometheus/Grafana/Loki/Mimir operations stack in a highly automated manner
- Work closely with our Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to run our platform highly available, fully reliable and transparently observable
- Cooperate with our Product teams to enable and support them delivering new products and sophisticated features on top of the platform.
- Live a culture of teamwork, quality, growth, drive to action and excellence
- Contribute to the overall developer experience, platform quality and engineering vision of HiveMQ
- Experience (1+ years) in architecting, developing and delivering scalable platforms, software, infrastructure and Cloud services with Cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Linux and similar.
- First experience in implementing and running production grade Kubernetes workloads
- Experience with at least one, ideally also experience with one more of the major 3 cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- First experience in methodically diagnosing systems, networking and application issues in an on-call rotation
- Ideally experience with metrics and monitoring solutions such as Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, Mimir or similar (like ElasticSearch, Kibana)
- High standards on building platform and infrastructure setups with modular reusable code, automation, Terraform, Helm, GitOps, CI/CD.
- Hands-on experience with Databases (PostgreSQL or similar), Messaging and Streaming Processing Systems (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, PubSub) or Security (e.g. best practices, mTLS, certificates) are a big plus
- Experience in developing production-grade Java 11+ code, ideally with Java SE 11+, Reactor, Micronaut, Quarkus, Vert.x or similar is a further big plus
- A systematic but pragmatic approach paired with a high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish as a team
- First practice in working in an agile and self-organized team
- Excellent English communication skills and an outstanding work ethic
- Competitive salary: Every offer we make is based on market data. Our People & Culture team is also making sure all our colleagues are paid competitively on the market.
- Remote-first: HiveMQ was set up as a remote-first company, and we believe this is the work model that fits us best and allows us to combine work and personal life.
- Flex time: We work across different time zones and prioritise a-synchronised collaboration. Making time for our personal life makes us happier in our work life.
- Mobile first, but can also work from HQ: At HiveMQ, we prioritise a mobile-first approach, but we also have the option of meeting and working in our office in Landshut, Germany.
- Home workstation: Working from home doesn't mean we should squint at a small screen or set the laptop higher on books. We'll make sure you have a proper workstation at home.
- Personal and professional development: We are a growing company, and we want all our colleagues to grow together with the company, so development is an important part of HiveMQ: e.g. regular feedback and individual Growth Plans to foster your growth.
- Learning budget: We believe you know better how you prefer to learn and what you need to grow, so you have the possibility to discuss external growth opportunities (e.g. purchasing books, coaching sessions or e-trainings) with your manager
- Multicultural and diverse teams: As a remote-first company, we hire the best people for the role. This means that we have colleagues across various countries and with different backgrounds.
- Godchild program in India: Every HiveMQer becomes a godparent to a child in India. As a company, we want to provide help and support for education and basic care to those who are not as lucky as we are.
- Referral bonus: Our colleagues are our biggest ambassadors, and we show our appreciation. This also applies to referring candidates for our open positions.
- Regular virtual events: Bonding with teammates looks a bit different in a remote-first company. We try something new and fun together virtually: mixing cocktails, cooking, magic, well-being and much more.
- Yearly company off-site: As a remote-first team, it is important that we also get the chance to meet in person and get to know each other. That is why, every year, we gather the entire team in a company retreat.
- Innovative technologies: We want to provide the best solution to our customers, and therefore, it is important that we also have innovative technology and the best tools across business functions.
- Branded swag: Feeling part of the team starts with a great welcome. We have carefully created a welcome package for you with HiveMQ swag for you and your home office.
- Country specific benefits: We are a Global company and in each country there are different rules and different needs. So we also have country specific benefits in addition to the Global ones.