Mid-Level Full-Stack Rails Engineer
Headquarters: California, United States
Your new role at SparkLoop
At SparkLoop, we are building the future of newsletter growth, empowering thousands of the world’s top newsletters and media brands.
As our newest mid-level engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping our platform, taking on the challenge of building and scaling the most complex, business-crucial features we have planned to elevate our impact to the next level.
Our stack is Ruby on Rails with Hotwire/Stimulus, Tailwind, ViewComponent & Sidekiq.
Database: Postgres & ClickHouse.
Heroku, Sentry, GitHub Actions, Stripe
- Participate in planning and risk assessment meetings
- Take ownership of building new features end to end
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering and Growth teams to make sure new features are successful
- Help scale and maintain our infrastructure as we grow
Signs this role is perfect for you
- Excellent communication skills, time management, developer principles and collaborative attitude
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- You are self organized and comfortable with ambiguity. We are a startup after all!
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Working hours with US and EU timezones, or 4+ hours overlap
- Confident Ruby on Rails development skills, with experience writing secure, maintainable code
- A minimum of three years working professionally with Ruby on Rails - if you don’t have three years of experience but can demonstrate a confident grasp of Ruby on Rails, we encourage you to apply
- Postgres experience
- Version control understanding (Git)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience writing code that is accessible, scalable, maintainable, and performant
Desired but not required:
- Experience deploying to cloud-based infrastructure (Heroku)
- Experience with Cypress.io testing framework
- Experience with ClickHouse
If this sounds a lot like you but not quite everything, we encourage you to apply anyway. There's still a great chance you're who we're looking for!
Why you'll love working at SparkLoop
At SparkLoop, we're a calm, profitable tech company. We know work is only one part of your life. And we expect you to fit it in around your family and life, not the other way around.
But that doesn't mean we aren't ambitious.
In just three years, our small team of ten has built the best toolkit for newsletter growth. Used by thousands of top newsletters and media brands — from Morning Brew to household names like James Clear and Tim Ferriss. And we have big plans for the next three years.
You'll be working with awesome people, building a product people genuinely love.
Here are a few of the key benefits:
- $80-100k initial salary pA (with quick, clear progression)
- A fully remote team culture
- Annual team retreats (most recently Portugal, London)
- Generous PTO policy
- Side projects encouraged
Most importantly, you have the unique opportunity to grow quickly alongside SparkLoop, moulding your initial role into your dream one.
- Apply by filling out the short form
- You may be invited to do a short, paid coding exercise
- You may be invited to two interviews with our team
- Within 30 days, you'll have an offer or a rejection
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/sparkloop-mid-level-full-stack-rails-engineer