Senior Full Stack Engineer, Growth
- Posted : a week ago
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term busines with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
The Growth team’s mission is to identify opportunities in high impact areas such as ardent pricing insight, broker / policyholder alerts and notifications, top of the funnel optimization to get more brokers signed up and active, maximizing sales through workflow automation, and opportunity scoring.
We're looking for a collaborative and self-motivated engineer to join us as one of the founding engineers of a newly formed growth engineering team and help us shape the technical architecture, team culture and deliver on some high impact initiatives.
- Work closely with our business stakeholders across product, marketing and growth in breaking down requirements into actionable plans
- Be a polyglot engineer ready to jump into any part of the stack across data, front end, back end, ad-hoc scripting to ideate, solve problems and iterate at a rapid pace
- Uphold the standards of engineering excellence by writing clean, well tested code, reviewing code and providing guidance to the rest of the team
- Drive and/or collaborate on Architectural Decision Records
- Encourage and build a culture of using on data to make informed decisions and value progress before perfection
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science or Engineering degree - related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- API and service development in Python and/or Go
- Production tested cloud-native development fundamentals including horizontal scaling, 12-factor application design,etc.
- Use of source control - git, svn or perforce
- Working with an agile team using collaborative development tools - Atlassian Suite, GitHub or GitLab
- Proficiency with modern frontend frameworks like Vue.js or React
- Experience building React-based applications using TypeScript
- At least 5+ years of hands-on full stack software development experience- It’s not the years, it’s the miles
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $125,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
We’re a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
Coalition's very foundation is built on respecting and encouraging diversity and inclusion across the organization. Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Coalition is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here
. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here
. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at [email protected]