Headquarters: Los Angeles
Do you love climbing?
Do you get excited at the prospect of no two days on the job being the same?
Are you a hungry learner who loves a challenge and can’t imagine a better job than helping the world’s best climbers share their knowledge?
My name’s Kathryn and I’m head of production at Altitude.
Altitude is an online climbing platform co-founded by Magnus Midtbø. We produce courses with the most iconic climbers and world-class climbing coaches, such as:
Adam Ondra, Daniel Woods, Hazel Findlay, Alex Megos, Dave MacLeod, to name a few.
We’re looking for a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades to become an integral part of the team in an exciting and varied role.
If you are someone who…
- Wants to excel in your career and take pride in active and stimulating work
- Is looking for a shot to prove yourself
- Gets excited at the prospect of fast-paced and varied demands
- Is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and learn something new
… this could be the Dream Opportunity you’ve been looking for.
For this role we’d love to find someone who…
- Thrives when working on multiple projects at once and has the ability to glide between different types of tasks. (You can easily go from tidying up a spreadsheet, to responding to customer emails, to setting up accounts and booking travel – and you get excited at the thought of doing so.)
- Loves being part of a team but who’s also independent and takes initiative
- Is eagle-eyed and enjoys proofreading and correcting misplaced punctuation
- Loves reading and going down the occasional research rabbit hole
If you’re a climber, that’s even better, but it’s not essential to ace this position.
The role will be subject to wide-ranging demands. As a taster, but by no means an exhaustive list, your day-to-day will include…
- Helping organize logistics for photoshoots, video shoots, in-person team meetings
- Setting up accounts and keeping key documents neat and organized
- Responding to customer emails
- Loading content onto the website
- Loading and scheduling emails to our list
- Proofreading course and marketing materials, assisting with quality assurance of the website and marketing/newsletter emails
- Checking course and marketing videos
- Buying gifts for instructors and for our team (which will entail keeping an eye and ear out for any intel that can inform gift-choosing!)
Essentially: you’ll be the “go-to” person – the one who is everywhere and gets things done. (And as such you’ll be quite rightly admired and appreciated within the team.)
This job is right for you if...
- You’re meticulous; a perfectionist who always wants to deliver the best, and you’re always on the lookout for ways to improve and streamline processes.
- You’re something of a Swiss Army Knife; you can spin multiple plates at once. The Oxford Dictionary describes a generalist as ‘a person competent in several different fields or activities’. You must be capable of juggling more balls than most can count, and juggling them well.
- You’re an excellent writer and communicator. Almost all of our team interaction happens in writing, and you’ll be writing to instructors and customers daily. Clear writing means clear thinking, which is essential for this role.
If you’re worried you didn’t go to the right school, or that you haven’t got the right experience, don’t be.
This is a great place to start your career. Many in senior positions at the company – myself included – have started in a similar role.
We’re not necessarily looking for experience (although if you have it, don’t be put off from applying). Rather we’re looking for someone we can help grow. Someone who is looking for a chance to prove themselves.
We have a track record of fostering talent. You’ll be mentored by me and others in the team who now run large parts of the company, and initially joined with no prior experience.
We’re ambitious. You will be challenged, and we’ll push you to do your best.
At the same time you’ll also experience a kind of team environment and energy you might not have encountered elsewhere. We do things differently, and it shows.
If you’re intrigued…
The position will start as an independent contractor role at around 20-25 hours per week. Pay will be set at a competitive hourly rate. Inside 3–6 months the role will be full-time with the potential to become an employee.
We are a fully remote team. Our ideal candidate is based in Europe, where the majority of our team is situated. You’ll need to be available during normal business hours to work closely with other team members.
If the position excites you, write to me
at [email protected]
, with a short email noting your experience and why you think you would be a good fit. Do not send a CV or attachments of any kind – all that matters is whether you can do it.
We won’t be able to get back to everyone, but for those who stand out, we’ll be in touch within a few days.
We’re very excited about having this person join our team!
Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing from you,
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/altitude-wanted-ambitious-jack-jill-of-all-trades-to-join-world-class-climbing-platform