User Interface Designer
- 5000 - 6000 USD per Month
- Full Time
- Posted : 4 weeks ago
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A WORKPLACE THAT HAS...
Remote Work Environment 💻
Read more about our remote work environment here #ChooseOurOwnAdventure
Retirement Savings Matching Plan (RRSP). Plan for your future with us! 💸
Personal Spending Account 💰
Up to $500 to spend on anything related to physical, mental or financial well-being (in addition to your Health Care Spending Account)
17 Paid Days Off (in addition to 13 Personal Days) 🌅
This includes an extra day off during the month of your birthday 🍰- our gift to you!
An IDEAS (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Awareness, Solidarity) team ⚖️
Weather is inclusive, we will be too. Our IDEAS team is committed to making this happen!
📣HAVE WE GOT YOUR ATTENTION? WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Read about us here ! (spoiler alert… we are the home of The Weather Network ) 📍 Canada’s #1 most trusted brand in media for the third year in a row!
WHY WE NEED YOU? GLAD YOU ASKED...
WHAT'S THE DAY TO DAY LIKE?
- Getting ‘creative’ is your thing! You will conceptualize, create and develop new and innovative graphic elements to be distributed on our various Platforms.
- Ensure all projects are completed on spec and on time.
- Assist in the adaptation and development of existing processes for greater efficiency and improved quality within the Graphics department.
- Ability to storyboard design concepts.
- You know what our users want!
- You will create animations that will appeal to everyone.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other team members in design, promotions and production.
- Assess needs of both internal and external clients when completing all projects.
- Research industry trends and best practices.
- You’re always one step ahead! Your work will be on point and ready for on air presentation.
- You bring fresh perspectives and ideas to every project.
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
WE ARE HOPING YOU HAVE..
- College diploma in Graphics Design/Animation or Fine Arts.
- You have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in graphics for video and web.
- Strong understanding of contemporary user focused design principles. UX and/or user testing experience is an asset.
- Bilingual in English and French is a strong asset
- Creative/Artistic/Drawing skills is a huge plus!
YOU ARE MADE FOR THIS IF...
- You’re focused on improving the user interface experience.
- You love to take initiative!
- You’re all about the details!
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment!
- You are super organized! You love to learn – we’re talking new software here!
- You are agile.
- Your projects could vary from week to week.
- Your excellent communication skills make you a true team player!
- Adobe XD