Headquarters: London and Madrid
Your focus will be on the Localistico frontend applications, written in Ember.js and React single-page webapps. Your tasks will include various integrations with our platform APIs, integration and building client websites, define and write different reports and dashboards for local data, work on the definition of User Stories and making sure the interactions and the UX delight our users.
- Communication. The key in each field is communication. Knowing how to communicate your needs, a situation or any kind of feedback as well as to be in the end part of a conversation are skills highly valued.
- Prioritization. Knowing when something is relevant and should be addressed based on the priorities and the feedback of different parties.
- APIs. Experience integrating front-end with complex RESTful APIs and data models between services.
- English. Good spoken/written English is a must. We use English for day-to-day chats, videoconferences and documentation, therefore professional proficiency both spoken and written is required. Spanish or other languages as an extra would be great (most of our team speaks 2+ languages)
- Timezone. Not more than 3 hours time zone difference from London (GMT+/- 3 hours). We’re a distributed team but we have experienced issues in coordination when team members are more than 3 hours time difference from our normal timezone. So for now we’re discarding candidates that are too far away. Sorry if that’s your case, we hope to be able to revisit this at some point in the future.
- Good team member. You have work collaboratively with other functions in the past. Also: we are building our team from the ground up, so we won't take into consideration agencies or externalisation of any kind. Just full-time team members. We hope you understand!
Nice to have (highlight these if you have them):
- Knowledge in TDD, BDD and different types of tests.
- Experience with maps and geo in addition to reporting, visualizations and libraries would be great: we use Leaflet for maps, D3 for graph/data visualisation or equivalent JS libraries.
- Well-rounded experience in software development and, specifically, in front-end development as part of a team doing code reviews in a pull request of a team mate or pair programming, as well as updating/maintaining other team members’ code.
- Some experience in UX and designing User Interfaces.
- We’re looking for the type of person that is always learning and feeling ready to take new challenges (despite it being scary sometimes!).
What we offer:
Work in a squad: in addition to working with the wider product team we operate squads for our projects, which means you will work closely in small teams of rotating engineers based on skills required for the project. You’ll be part of a small team where everyone counts!
Flexible location and hours: we are a distributed team and we plan by goals, not times - work from wherever you are happiest and feel most productive. For when you need an office, you'll have them in London and Madrid.
In-person Team meet-ups — we call them Kickoffs — every 3-4 months Creative work: don’t just execute to guidelines but be a defining part of a great team tackling an interesting problem and help us drive the solution and the company culture.
- Health and learning perks: We want all our team members to be healthy, grow and develop so we offer perks to cover the costs of gym classes or other sporty pursuits, language learning or other courses/conferences.
Competitive salary (40K€-51K€) + bonuses and equity participation (employee stock options scheme), based on location and experience. Ask us for details if you’d like to discuss, we’re very open about this. We want everybody that is part of the project to share the uptake as we share the work.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/localistico-frontend-developer