Senior Data Engineer
- Posted : 4 weeks ago
Hunter's Product team is hiring a Senior Data Engineer! You'll become the key team member responsible for our high-scale database of companies and B2B profiles.
In our mission to be the simplest outreach platform from sourcing to the first reply, we rely solely on the public Web. To make this happen, our crawler processes billions of pages per month
. We need you to organize and leverage this data, by:
- Designing, building, and maintaining robust and scalable data pipelines
- Researching and implementing algorithmic solutions, in Go and Python
- Ensuring data quality, accuracy, and consistency over time
- Challenging and improving our current data infrastructure.
We love working as a small team and only hire occasionally. So, this is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the team. You'll be part of the Product team alongside Bastien (Head of engineering), Bernardo and Fayzan (Backend Go developers), Mark and Bart (Ruby on Rails developers), and Chris (Designer).
We’ve set up a great work environment for our team, focusing on autonomy and growth. We take full advantage of the fact we’re entirely remote by focusing primarily on async communication and limiting the number of meetings. Finally, you’ll get to participate in discussions shaping the future of the product.
About the role
At Hunter, we've been working from the start with one Go application (managing all our B2B profiles and companies data) and one Ruby on Rails application (responding to users' requests). Each application relies on its own PostgreSQL database, surrounded by Redis and Elasticsearch instances for cache and search purposes. This setup has allowed us to be highly productive while our team stays small.
As part of a small group within a fast-moving company, you will work on various projects over time, but you can expect that:
- At first, you’ll become familiar with our current processes to gather, analyze, and structure data from billions of web pages.
- Within a few weeks, you'll become responsible for significant projects that will improve Hunter data, at scale. It can be about implementing a new ML-based data pipeline, tuning the application's performance, or improving our Quality Assurance.
- You'll collaborate with the rest of the Product team to gradually improve our data pipelines.
- You’ll monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines, resolving any issues or bottlenecks that may arise.
- You'll get a high level of autonomy in your work and help shape future development efforts.
Hunter is a fully remote team, and this is a remote job. It is open to anyone located in Europe or the US & Canada's East Coast.
Salespeople, marketers, and recruiters use Hunter
to reach out to the people that matter for their business. We index B2B data from millions of public web pages and make it convenient to explore with simple but powerful tools.
Hunter is the most popular platform for cold emailing outreach. It is used by more than 4 million people and leading companies such as Google, Adobe, Microsoft, or IBM.
Hunter was founded in 2015 and is a bootstrapped company. We're a team of 17 people
working remotely from Europe, America, and Asia. Twice a year, the team meets in a company retreat in Europe.
- You have proven experience as a Data Engineer or a similar role, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- You have a strong experience with PostgreSQL.
- You’re familiar with at least one backend language, preferably Go, or Python.
- You’re familiar with the GCP ecosystem, or have experience with Kubernetes, as well as with CI/CD and automation.
- Bonus point if you have experience with Machine Learning and LLMs.
- You enjoy dealing with complex problems and finding elegant solutions.
- You like staying up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in data engineering (including Data science).
- You're confident you can have a high level of autonomy and enjoy making decisions for yourself.
- You're excited to take ownership of projects, set directions, and make calls. You're able to communicate clearly with your colleagues.
- You have experience in remote working. You're comfortable working primarily with asynchronous communication and don't need a lot of handholding or supervision.
- A yearly gross compensation ranging between $90k and 130k USD
- Health insurance
- Employment status (Local contract via remote.com)
- Coworking space membership
- Fully-paid setup (including a MacBook Pro, standing desk, ergonomic chair, etc.)