Remote Workplace Designer
- Posted : 3 weeks ago
At Feeld, we are creating a world where where everyone is more intimately connected to each other and themselves. We are building an inclusive, human-centered product and are looking for a Remote Workplace Designer to become part our team and our mission to elevate the human experience of sexuality and relationships.
Feeld has always been a remote-first organization and we want to ensure that the employment experience has key uniform elements that unite all members of staff. In an all-remote workplace, the look and feel of our Tools and their ease of use is akin to the colors, scents, lighting, and furniture in a physical office. In the future, Feelders will log in to work and experience a state of being that enables them to cope with the stresses of life, realize their abilities, learn well and work well, and contribute to their community.
You will be responsible for how work is planned, organized, and carried out. You will also find ways to uphold Feeld’s internal culture — both our Core Values and what is and what is not acceptable behavior in our remote workplace.
To be right for this role, you should have proven experience in roles where you have had to understand and manage the capabilities and limitations of people. You have a blend of scientific knowledge and principles – as well as lessons learned from previous incidents and operational experience – to optimize the health, safety, well-being, overall performance, and reliability of people on staff.
What you will do:
- High-quality visual design and intentional use of language are market differentiators for Feeld products, so it should also exist every day for Feeld staff as they work. You will be responsible for ensuring that:
- The visual design of our tools and systems is beautiful and inspiring.
- There is a logical and uniform design of tools and systems that is a joy to use.
- Disturbances and interruptions to workflow and ‘flow’ are minimized as much as possible.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to build current and future (optimized) state business process models and documentation for various departments including Data, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Operations, and Product.
- Represent Business Process Optimization in cross-functional teams and work to align people to a common optimized process design.
- Work with IT development teams to automate and streamline processes using various tools and integrations.
- Select tools that are intuitive and you should apply user experience principles to design flows.
- Build business requirements as needed. Identify opportunities for process optimization.
- Foster open communication channels across departments regarding process adoption and efficiency. Gather customer feedback and analyze it to identify areas for improvement.
- Scope the business process work for new initiatives and manage scope to be consistent with schedule and stakeholder expectations.
- Use data and metrics to track the effectiveness of improvement efforts. Build reports to track success, highlight trends, surface issues, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that all staff members are trained in business processes and understand their roles in maintaining compliance and a uniform employment experience.
How you will grow:
- Get excited to deliver the next step change in remote-first work!
- You will explore how Feeld’s core tenet: Curiosity as our OS can inform your work.
- You will contribute the the success and well-being of your coworkers.
- You have 2+ years of experience with process mapping and process management. You have implemented technology to optimize and automate processes to maximize productivity.
- You have at least 2 years in roles where you were the top person responsible for work design, taking into account the health, safety and wellbeing of workers, as well as their motivation and productivity. Your work influenced how people feel about their jobs and how well they perform.
- You have worked at at least 2 scaling organizations — either scale ups or company divisions that scaled quickly.
- You have gathered and used data to validate your assumptions and work in a non-biased manner.
- Notes about the candidate challenge:
- We expect candidates to be able to share work samples of business process maps highlighting the key optimizations proposed, processes used to align with stakeholders, as well as business requirements for third parties. This should include a list of software and tools you are proficient in.
- High-quality visual design and intentional use of language are market differentiators, so they should also exist every day in the employment experience at Feeld. This is an opportunity for you to showcase your graphic design acumen.
- You have studied or completed coursework in Human Factors Engineering.
- You have experience with customer journey mapping.
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded in 2014 and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it is now. We have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.
We believe in creating a safe work environment through humanity, fluidity, safety, transparency and progressiveness. When hiring, we look for culture add rather than culture fit.
Because we are a fully remote team, it’s especially important that we create an environment where our colleagues feel included and connected as humans.
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging at Feeld:
Feeld promotes open-mindedness, inclusion, diversity and kindness, both in the world and among our own workforce.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with a history of marginalisation, whether because of race, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability (seen or unseen) or any confluence of intersectional identities.
Our goal is a barrier-free application process and working environment. If you require further details or assistance or have any questions about this process, please let us know at [email protected]
Compensation and perks:
We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment. We design our product and organisation with consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of our members and colleagues. We believe in technology and working environments that enable people to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
Therefore, we offer our staff:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- A fully remote working situation
- GBP £3k equipment and home office budget
- Learning & development budget
- On demand therapy sessions and mental health support via Spill
- Company retreats
Feeld’s way of working is designed to proactively prevent burnout and an “always on” culture.
We strive for complete openness of information within the organisation and for enabling honesty on our platform. Internally, we keep decision-making transparent to keep each other accountable and make sure all voices are heard.
That is why we offer:
- Open and transparent base salary ranges
- At Feeld we believe all humans deserve to make a competitive wage. That's why we offer a Baseline Freedom Salary of £60,000 GBP per year.
Our interview process:
- Your first conversation with Feeld will be a screening call with our recruiter, where you’ll be able to ask - and receive answers - regarding any general questions you have and to confirm the role is a fit for what you’re seeking.
- Your second conversation will connect you directly with the hiring manager for the role you’re applying to. Here, you’ll have a chance to ask more questions about the work you’ll be doing. This conversation will also focus on your past work experiences.
- The next step for most of our roles is a candidate challenge. This is an evaluation of the skills relevant to be successful in this role and generally takes about an hour to complete.
- Your third conversation allows you the opportunity to meet the team members you might be working with on a daily basis. Here, you’ll be able to ask questions about team processes, workflow, and the employee experience at Feeld.
- We generally make an offer within 2 weeks of our final call, and offer a flexible start date that can begin as early as the next Monday after you sign our offer documentation.
- Of note: all of our interviews are conducted remotely, and our interviewers will work with you to find an agreeable interview time based on mutual availability.
We understand we're asking you to invest your time and best efforts in our process, and are appreciative of getting the chance to better know who you are as a person and candidate. In return, we’re committed to offering transparent communication and prompt feedback as you navigate this application with us.