Senior Software Engineer, Canvas
- $150.000 - $170.000
- Posted : a month ago
Mural, the leading visual work platform for the enterprise, makes teamwork feel like less work. Our intuitive visual workspace enables teams to easily work together and collaborate better using proven design-thinking techniques. Built for enterprise teams, Mural meets the most stringent of IT and regulatory requirements. Industry leaders — including IBM, Microsoft, SAP, and Abercrombie & Fitch — choose Mural to help their teams accelerate innovation and problem solving at scale. Whether your team is fully remote, distributed, in the office, or still figuring it out, Mural brings teams across the enterprise together to do the work that matters most.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Mural enables teams to level up their teamwork using visual collaboration tools and the Advanced Collaboration team works on the core product functionality, the Canvas. We own and maintain core features such as Voting, Reactions, and Widgets to enable collaboration in the virtual whiteboard. We currently use Node.js, React, Typescript, and MongoDB and are actively engaged with solving problems elegantly and intuitively for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll play a vital role in developing new features and maintaining existing features within the core product. Your contributions will directly impact the quality of user experience, product evolution, and user efficiency. You will be working with a team of dedicated engineers, designers, and product managers, and together, we'll empower users to work together effectively.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Embrace a culture of experimentation, continuous learning, and personal growth
- Work with your team to champion best practices for frontend development and share organizational responsibility with your team for projects from start to finish
- Identify and solve customer challenges alongside your teammates, collaborating closely with product management and design
- Build flexible and maintainable solutions while being accountable for quality, performance, and reliability
- Elevate the team’s skills and knowledge by participating in technical designs and talks, sharing insights, and contributing to team growth through code reviews and occasional pair programming
- Thrive as a member of a collaborative, fun, and supportive global team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 5+ years of software engineering experience collaborating with design and product teams, preferably in a remote environment, and ideally at a remote-first company
- Experience integrating the UI with a backend API layer, ideally using Node.js and you know your way around a document-oriented database like MongoDB
- Expertise in either frontend or backend with familiarity with the other
- Experience building scalable features in a SaaS product
- Experience with unit and/or integration test frameworks, ideally Jest and Cucumber
- A high level of emotional intelligence with collaboration and listening skills that encourage innovative solutions and diverse perspectives
- Demonstrated bias for action, embracing calculated risks and frequent experimentation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to recommend solutions
- Excellent command of written and verbal English communication
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination and collaborate as a team, we offer:
- A vibrant and collaborative global community supported through flexible working hours and a remote-first mentality
- Competitive salary and benefits, including parental leave, adoption services, and fertility care
- Flexible time off, holidays celebrated in your country, and a rest and recharge day each quarter
- A variety of employee resource groups that support a diverse workforce
- Professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive learning, wellness, and home-office stipend
- A free forever Mural account for all Muralistas
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $154,000 - $173,300 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.