Senior Back-End Engineer (Estonia or Spain)
- Posted : a month ago
The Engineering team builds the software powering Veriff. We're cracking the online identity crisis in a scalable way, deploying excellence to keep Veriff on the cusp of innovation. It's a fast-paced market with many challenges. We're seeking an experienced team member to join our External Interfaces Platform team as a Senior Backend Engineer.
In this role, you'll be a vital contributor to shaping Veriff's external interfaces, focusing exclusively on backend technologies. You will dive into mission-critical areas such as the Public API, webhooks, Client Configuration domain, scalability, and databases. In this role, we're not just looking for an engineer; we're seeking an individual with exceptional vision ready to lead the team to new levels and tackle challenges head-on. Join us on this exciting adventure!
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Designing, developing, and testing software applications or systems using TypeScript
- Producing high-quality, well-tested code with modern abstractions and frameworks
- Deepening your understanding of relevant product areas, codebase, and systems
- Demonstrating proficiency in data analysis, programming, and software engineering
- Tackling problems of moderate scope, crafting core backend software components
- Collaborating with other teams, incorporating and sharing innovations
- Conducting design and code reviews
- Identifying and driving changes as needed for codebases, product area, and/or systems
- Independently completing medium to large features, each with many tasks and milestones
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you have:
- Over 5 years of experience building large-scale applications
- Long-term experience in NodeJS using TypeScript
- Ownership experience of a specific component, feature, or system
- A proven track record in developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a relevant technical field
- The ability to inspire growth within teams by setting new standards
If you're passionate about coding, problem-solving, and contributing to Veriff's mission, we want to hear from you! Be part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
We are the preferred identity verification platform partner for the world’s most innovative growth-driven organizations helping conveniently verify and safeguard users anywhere in the world. We support the broadest number of identity documents from nearly every country and territory in the world - and this is continually increasing!
With a diverse team and offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Spain, and Estonia, as well as robust backing and funding from investors including Accel, Alkeon, IVP, Tiger Capital, and Y Combinator, we’re dedicated to helping businesses and individuals build a safer and more secure world. We strive to be the benchmark for trust online, and we take pride in being a positive force.
When you join Team Veriff, we offer you the opportunity to have a real impact and advance your career, while looking after you along the way with a range of benefits designed with you in mind. Some of our favorites include...
- Flexibility to work from home
- Stock options that ensure your share in our success
- Comprehensive relocation support
- Extensive medical, wellness coverage to ensure you’re feeling great physically and mentally
- Learning and Development budget that you are free to tailor for your own needs
- Six weeks of fully paid sabbatical leave after reaching your 3rd work anniversary
We are an Equal Opportunities employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Different opinions, perspectives and personalities push us forward. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates - so rest assured, whoever you are, we want to hear from you!