- $90.000 - $120.000
- Posted : 4 weeks ago
- Remote - US & Canada only
Who We Are
VERSES is a cognitive computing company specializing in next-gen intelligent software modeled after natural systems and the design principles of the human brain and the human experience. We are a distributed, diverse, and inclusive workforce that aspires to do our best work on important problems with exceptional people and we value: AUDACITY, ASSERTIVENESS, ALIGNMENT, ACCOUNTABILITY, ABUNDANCE & AWESOMENESS.
We’re looking for trailblazers and problem solvers passionate about tackling complex global-scale challenges so if you'd like to help imagine a smarter world, come join us!
Make An Impact
VERSES is hiring a Payroll Specialist/AP to join our finance team. You will work with the team to successfully manage the payroll processing and AP activities. You’ll bring your knowledge of payroll processes, accounts payable and compliance to help us create a positive culture and place to work for all Versians.
Essential Functions- a/k/a/ Your Mission
- Manage accurate and timely US and Canadian payroll processing
- Prepare accurate payroll control reports in collaboration with the Finance Team
- Complete employer registration in newly added states
- Collaborating with the managed payroll service and the Finance team, ensuring State Tax compliance which could include quarterly tax filings not covered by managed payroll servicing
- Ensure consistent administration and experience for Versians of different classifications: Employees, Independent Contractors, and International Employees
- Stay current on changes to federal, state, and local payroll related laws and regulations
- The basic math and writing skills typically obtained through successful completion of high school or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in payroll processing
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Experience working with a remote workforce
- Basic knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Proficiency in HRIS and payroll software
Great to Haves
- Experience with international staff
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and consistent
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Aside from being a culture of highly engaged, really smart, collegial and energized people, at VERSES, we offer:
- Global virtual work environment (although some positions may need to operate within specific time zones)
- 100% Company paid premiums for employees for medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Financial and Mental Health wellness programs
- Paid time off includes: responsible time off policy (RTO), sick time complying with all Country, State and Federal guidelines, and of course... Company recognized Holidays!
- Vested interest in developing and growing our people
- Generous total rewards package which includes equitable base pay, potential for bonuses and equity
- Regular, Full-time
- Remote - USA & Canada
- Range: $95 - $125K DOE and geographical location
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
At VERSES, we value diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected]
to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. VERSES will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.