- Posted : 4 weeks ago
In short: Full-time, remote position in the US. Please only apply if you are currently residing in the US.
😍 We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
🔧 The position
At Gigs, we're looking for the first Support Engineer to join our growing Customer Support team, to stand up the foundations of best in class white-glove technical support. The ideal candidate prioritizes user-first decision making and practical solutions. If you're passionate about technology and enjoy helping people, we'd love to hear from you!
You will be the first Support Engineer to focus exclusively on enabling truly white-glove support for our users, and will play a fundamental role in the development of the function. You will work closely with Jonathan, our Customer Support Lead.
- Receive escalations from T1 and T2 front line support and work to quickly identify and resolve the issues (such as running scripts, supporting our first API customers, and more).
- Operate between providing T2 and T3 technical support, managing customer-impacting incidents and escalations.
- Use various clues and signals to uncover the root cause, when the outset problem is ambiguous and highly interdependent.
- Partner with Integration, Engineering, Security, Technical Support, Product, Customer Success, and Leadership to ensure services reliability for our customers and their users. We are early on in this process, and our goal is to become an industry leader in connectivity services reliability.
- Provide exceptional T2 & T3 technical engineering support for live user issues, while thinking ahead and planting foundations for scale.
- Work closely with Engineering, Customer Success, and Product teams to design and operate our technical support engineering program from the ground up.
- Be a founding member of our incident management program, using your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents and technical issues. You will work with Engineering to develop a best-in-class approach to service reliability and customer communications.
Provide T2 customer support, and T3 technical escalation point for T2 issues
- Work directly with users to resolve T2 support inquiries.
- Take ownership of T3 technical support issues through to resolution. As needed, determine the appropriate point to hand off to Engineering.
- Establish and improve operational standards, tooling, and processes between Customer Success, Engineering, and Product, with lots of untapped opportunity ahead!
- Work with T1 & T2 to effectively triage and escalate potential incidents to Engineering.
👟 About you
→ We know that perfect candidates don't exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we'd love to learn more about you. 🦄
- Experience in supporting technical environments, and working collaboratively with Support & Engineering.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with Ruby
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years of experience with incident or emergency response coordination.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
🌱 Our offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 21 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we're building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike or get creative at a hackathon.
- If you're passionate about being part of a dynamic team shaping the world of connectivity, we'd be delighted to receive your application today!