Senior Sales Engineer - Large Enterprise
- 5000 - 6000 USD per Month
- Full Time
- Posted : 3 weeks ago
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Location: Chennai, India
As a Zscaler Pre-Sales Engineer, you and your Regional Sales Manager(s) will be responsible for helping clients transform their network and application access by presenting the Zscaler cloud security solution to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
To accomplish this, the solution consultant must have a strong desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable recommendations. The solution consultant will act as a trusted advisor to our clients while aiding the customer's transformational journey.
What We Expect You To Do
Within 30 Days
Within 60 Days
- You will be expected to get hands on knowledge and experience with the Zscaler cloud platform
- You will be expected to deliver a crisp Zscaler demo
- You will be expected to familiarize yourself with Zscaler’s products and messaging and understand how we do things
- You will connect with your peers throughout your region and the rest of the Zscaler organization to learn and share experience
Within 90 Days
- You will be expected to have mastered Zscaler’s messaging and competently present our proposition to your team
- You will be educating customers on Zscaler’s technologies and competitive differentiators
- You will be Proactively distributing new product information to our Partners and peer members within your assigned territory or region
- You will be assisting Sales in the identification, qualification, design and sizing of opportunities against Zscaler’s prospect criteria
- You will be assisting Sales in building and executing Account Plans
- You will be configuring Zscaler features to meet customers’ requirements during the sales process
- You will be Providing technical thought leadership and advice to enterprise customers on how to transform their digital experience leveraging Zscaler architecture
- You will take total ownership of the technical sale and processes
- You will be independently identifying and qualifying technical opportunities
- You will be Developing and maintaining trusted advisor relationships with key customer stakeholders
- You will be Independently delivering sales pitches, technical and whiteboards presentations,
- You will be utilizing both internal and external resources to ensure successful deployments, that enable the customer to be self-sufficient following the sale
- You will have Built effective relationships with Partners, the Customer’s technology group and Zscaler staff (products, services, marketing and support)
- You will be Sharing best practices and developments in Zscaler methodologies both internally and at Partner and Customer events
What You Can Expect From Us
- BE / BTech or equivalent with 12-15 years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Knowledge in Cloud computing services like kubernetes, microservices, containers
- Knowledge of either AWS, Azure and GCP would be good. Hands on experience would be an added advantage
- Deep understanding of APT kill Chain, Attach surface, MITRE ATT&CK Framework, etc…
- Working experience with Digital Native Businesses or the Global System Integrators.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting;
- You will have worked with Channel partners and you will have a solid understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- You must demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, whilst demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with associates and customers
- You must demonstrate the effective transfer of thoughts and expresses ideas using speech and listening skills to influences others and gain support
- You will be persistent, despite obstacles, opposition or setbacks and you will consistently convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Zscaler’s products and strategies
- Likes to be the first to know something and to understand why and how things happen
- Develop and deliver innovative custom solutions, including solution concepts to key decision makers to address their business issues and needs showing business value.
- Operate independently in the opportunity for more than 75% of the time
- Think beyond traditional measures of value ($) and incorporate risk, time, quality and other KPIs in the value proposition
- Support Marketing with evangelism activities
- Able to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.Pay TransparencyZscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here .Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organization