Senior Product Manager
is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~90 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
At Close, we're building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry in helping companies to close more deals faster than ever. Our goal is to supercharge sales productivity for startups & SMBs with the most modern, thoughtfully all-in-one, communication-focused CRM.
Our Product team is growing steadily, and we're looking for our third Product Manager to help accelerate product development at Close from idea through launch and work closely with our Design, Engineering, and customer-facing teams.
Our product development process is inspired by Shape Up
. We work in six-week cycles, enabling us to think deeply about the right problems earlier in the development process and ship impactful product on time. We work collaboratively with the Design and Engineering on the best solution. We are data-driven, understand the actual why behind the problems, focus on use cases, and talk to our customers on every occasion.
We’re looking for someone with a unique talent set - someone who understands sales and can “speak the language” with sales managers, reps, and directors. Someone who can synthesize various use cases into clear problem statements. Someone who cares deeply about product details, has a great sense of product aesthetics, and can discuss the nitty gritty with engineers.
As a small PM, Design, and Engineering team you'll be responsible for all aspects of delivering a feature — from concept through discovery and development up to managing its delivery.
What you’ll do...
- Turn vague into concrete. Talk with customers to discover & define their needs, understand their problems, and document their use cases.
- Write problem statements that clearly define shared needs across customers.
- Create detailed product specs from your problem statements through collaboration with Product Design and Engineering.
- Project manage the delivery of the feature — get it on the engineering roadmap and ensure it's delivered on time and up to the Product team's standards.
- Prepare for launches: work with the Support, Success, and Marketing teams on positioning/collateral, manage beta testers, and go-to-market activities.
- Own the data: define adoption/usage metrics, measure success, collect feedback, monitor impact, and share learnings.
- Be located in an American Time Zone
- Have 3+ years of Product Management experience shipping B2B SaaS for SMBs.
- Have 3+ years experience at software/internet companies in a product, engineering, or customer-facing role.
- Love listening to customers and diving deep into their problems and needs.
- Be detail-oriented, organized, and great at writing.
- Have good product vision & design sense.
- Be comfortable writing specs, drawing wireframes, & rapidly iterating on new feature ideas.
- Have experience with metrics/analytics tools
- Be growth minded; pushing to ship Product that focuses on moving the needle.
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience in sales or with sales tools / CRMs
- Have significant experience in Figma or other design/prototyping tools
- Have a technical/engineering background, not afraid to dabble in Python, HTML, CSS, or SQL.
🌏 Why Close?
- Watch our most recent culture video featuring our annual team retreat in Italy
- 100% remote company
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break with 2 additional PTO days for every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative
Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/close-senior-product-manager