Social Media Manager
Red Wine and Blue
- 55000 - 55000 USD per Year
- Full Time
- Posted : a month ago
WHO WE ARE:
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of diverse suburban women working together to defeat extremism, one friend at a time (best explained by this Washington Post profile, ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives and this NYT episode of “The Daily,” Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds). We use digital media and friend-to-friend organizing to fight disinformation and win campaigns in the most contested places in America. We are seeking a full time Social Media Manager to help us create and distribute content across multiple social media platforms that reflects our brand, values and voice to mobilize suburban women, and analyze the performance content to effectively grow and engage our community.
WHO YOU ARE: You’re a social media whiz with creative flare and a knack for digital organizing. You love learning about new social media platforms and staying on top of new features and emerging trends to maximize reach and engagement. You are passionate about meeting people where they are and using social media to create a welcoming on-ramp to political activism, especially for those who are new to politics.You have a keen eye for crafting engaging social media content and the ability to adapt your writing style to reflect the voice of the organization. You can immerse yourself in the day-to-day lives of suburban women by constantly engaging with those who interact with our content and leveraging your influence to draw them in.
This role does not directly supervise any team member(s), reports to the Head of Engagement and is a full-time position that can be performed from anywhere in one of 13 current operation states (FL, GA, IA, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA) and Washington, D.C. Occasional travel is required for in-person meetings and all-staff gatherings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and execute a social media strategy that brings to life creative ideas that compel our audience to get involved
- Create social media content that reflects RWB’s spirited voice.
- Manage the social media content calendar, including writing, designing, scheduling, and posting social media content across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Engage with members of our digital community by responding to comments and encouraging suburban women to take action with Red Wine & Blue.
- Spend your day in the trenches of social media (the good, the bad, and the ugly) and report back about what’s going on in the ether.
- Monitor online chatter about ongoing events in the political world (or any current event suburban women are talking about) and find ways to get involved in the conversation.
- Conduct research projects as needed to find new social media trends related to future content curation
- Analyze the performance of our social media posts and adjust strategy based on the metrics, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams (including state teams) to coordinate on social media strategy, targeting, and amplification.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’VE GOT:
- Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience leading social media for an organization, institution or company, and familiarity of all major platforms
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the use of a content calendar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills–internally and via social media–as well as baseline graphics and video skills
- An understanding of the current political environment and familiarity with the rapid response nature of politics
- Inclusive - You can work effectively with people regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political background or job type.
- Flexible - You are comfortable navigating sometimes ambiguous work with competing priorities. You are nimble and can effectively shift focus when the need arises. You have a knack for adapting to change in a fast-moving environment and to work under pressure.
- Organized & Productive - You have the ability to radically prioritize tasks and plan your days to meet goals.
- Growth Mindset - You have the ability to fail fast and win fast because you know that we learn as much from failure as we do success. You are not afraid to take risks, think outside the box and give or receive feedback.
- Playfully Passionate: Your ability to get sh*t done is accompanied by your love for fun. You understand that we can do serious work without taking ourselves too seriously.
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary for this position is $55,000 and commensurate with related experience. We take pay equity seriously and work hard to ensure our team members are paid fairly regardless of their gender, race, or other demographic backgrounds. In addition to a competitive salary, we cover 75% of employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums. We are a mom-led, family-friendly organization that also covers a significant portion of dependent premiums and allows for a flexible work schedule. We provide paid vacation and sick time off and a generous holiday schedule including a one-week winter break. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.
All Red Wine & Blue staff members work remotely, running virtual operations nationally and on the ground in five states. Candidates must reside in one of our current 13 operating states (FL, GA, IA, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA) and Washington, D.C and are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION: Interested candidates should submit their application here to apply. You’ll be asked to include a resume and cover letter describing specifically why you want to work at Red Wine & Blue (we’re unique – we want to know why you think you’d love it here. Have fun!)
If you have questions regarding the posted position, please email [email protected]
- Box Cloud
- Creative Ideation