EIMC - Team Leader - Marine & Property
- 5000 - 6000 USD per Month
- Full Time
- Posted : a month ago
TITLE: Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Engle Martin and Director of Technical Risk Management of EIMC
STATUS: Regular, full-time; exempt
Summary Of Job Purpose
EIMC, an Engle Martin company, is an independent marine consulting services company providing supply chain loss control and claims investigation expertise to insurers, brokers, 3PLs and industrial partners. The Team Leader balances technical industry knowledge and people management experience, while being primarily responsible for leading, managing, and holding direct reports accountable for individual and team performance.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Required Education & Experience
- Learns, leverages, and develops team member strengths and skillsets with assigned work.
- Proactively monitors and corrects performance through reviews and audits based on standardized metrics.
- Embraces and applies the tenets of management training programs and corporate operating systems.
- Contributes to the development and refinement of processes, procedures, reporting, data management, and workflow automation.
- Assigns incoming workflow within the claim team based on client relationships and direct report skillsets.
- Leads regularly scheduled meetings to mentor direct reports and resolve issues.
- Monitors team’s productivity levels to accomplish established productions goals.
- Maintains client relationships and attends local trade events.
- Maintains a partial caseload of claim files.
- Acts as a mentor and guides team members toward personal and professional development.
- Monitors quality control through file audits and individual file reviews upon completion.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with other members of the organization across departments, divisions, and locations.
- Stays abreast of office and company policies, procedures, and practices; participates in ongoing training and development as assigned or approved to assure knowledge and skills remain current and comprehensive.
- Maintains the confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information, exercising sound judgment and discretion in any disclosure of information related to EM, EIMC, and its endeavors.
- Adheres to all applicable State Insurance Regulation requirements and other applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least five years of experience in a marine claims management or property claims management role
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to remotely manager a team of direct reports
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency working with Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge and prior experience working in Oracle Netsuite, or another enterprise software platform is preferred
Work is conducted primarily in a remote location or in an indoor office environment with protection from weather conditions and with exposure to noise typical of an office or administrative setting; though evening, overnight, and weekend travel may be occasionally required.Physical Activities And Requirements
Work requires light lifting (10 – 20 lbs.), standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, fingering (keyboarding) and repetitive hand motion, grasping, talking, and hearing at normal speaking levels. Work requires visual acuity to read and prepare data and figures, type words and numbers, view information on a computer terminal, read, operate office machines, and determine the accuracy and thoroughness of work.
- Building Performance
- Claims Management
- Defining Requirements
- Insurance Compliance
- Knowledge Acquisition
- Office Equipment
- Office Operations
- Problem Solving